– The equity of a firm with debt in its capital structure is actually a call option if interest and principal are paid to creditors, shareholders own the underlying assets of the firm; if interest and principal are defaulted, creditors will end up with the assets.
– If the So/X ratio is high, the option is well in the money, which implies a low proportion of debt in the company’s capital structure. If low the company has lots of debt.
– An increase in σ means that the operating assets of the firm are more risky.
– Specific actions taken by geared companies can shift wealth from debt holders to shareholders.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019