6 Interesting Facts That You Must Know About ‘Charlie Hebdo’
Charlie Hebdo is a French satirical weekly newspaper, featuring cartoons, reports, polemics, and jokes. It first appeared from 1969 to 1981 then it folded but was resurrected in 1992.
Here are some Interesting facts that you must know about ‘Charlie Hebdo‘
1. The headquarters of Charlie Hebdo is in Paris, France.
Here is the image of Charlie Hebdo’s Headquarters:
2. The magazine is published every Wednesday, with special editions issued on an unscheduled basis.
3. The magazine has experienced two terrorist attacks, a fire bombing in 2011, and a shooting attack in 2015 in response to controversial Muhammad-themed cartoons.
Here is the image of the newspaper’s Paris offices which was fire-bombed in 2011 after publishing images of the Prophet Muhammad:
Here is the image of Firefighters and policemen surrounded by journalists outside of the headquarters of the French satirical newspaper :
4. François Cavanna contributed to the creation and success of Hara Kiri and Charlie Hebdo. He is one of the founder of Charlie Hebdo.
Here is the image of one of the founder of Charlie Hebdo ‘François Cavanna’:
5. On 7 January 2015, at least two gunmen opened fire at the Paris office of Charlie Hebdo, killing at least 12, and wounding 11, 4 seriously. It was the worst terror attack on French soil since 1961.
Here is the image showing two gunmen shooting a policeman on the footpath outside the Paris:
6. French cartoonist Charb is the publishing director of French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo.
Here is the image of Charb poses at their offices in Paris:
Eyewitness video of terror attack at Charlie Hebdo:
Latest posts by Soumya Nadar (see all)
- 5 Awesome Facts That You Ought To Know About The ‘Delhi Elections’ - February 7, 2015
- 5 Interesting Facts That You Ought To Know About The Indian Playback Singer ‘Shreya Ghoshal’ - February 7, 2015
- 5 Facts That You Ought to Know About ‘Praveen Togadia’ - February 7, 2015