The Hubble Space Telescope is named after an astronomer named “Edwin Hubble” and was launched into the space in the year 1990. Here are few quick facts on Hubble that you need to know –
1. Hubble is able to take extremely high resolution pictures even without any background light making pictures seem deep view into space and time.
2. Hubble Pictures are considered to be revolutionary in the field of “Astrophysics” especially for determining the actual expansion of space.
3. Hubble is one of the largest space telescopes created by NASA with help from European Space Agency and is operated by Space Telescope Science Institute.
4. It is designed to serve in space and is only Space Machine to do so.
5. The Panchromatic Hubble Andromeda Treasury is nothing but collection of pictures of our neighboring galaxy, Andromeda’s pictures.
6. The Hubble Telescope is to complete 25-years in the year 2015 (as it was launched in April 24, 1990).
Through Hubble’s pictures some researches conclude by saying that after a Billion of years the Andromeda galaxy is likely to merge into our Milky Way Galaxy.
A documentary with minor details of Hubble–
Latest posts by Shreya Karania (see all)
- The Journey Of A Successful BMS Content Writer Intern – Ms. Shreya Karania - March 30, 2015
- 7 Facts You Need To Definetly Know About Kayla Mueller - February 15, 2015
- Top 3 Latest News Pieces That Every Barcelona Fan Should Know About Its Favourite Team - February 15, 2015