Chocolate… only the ones who are bang on crazy about chocolates can understand the urge of having that brown bar that slowly melts in our mouths giving an endorphin boost which makes us feel so happy and cheerful and contented at the same time! I, for one am a complete nutcase when it comes down to chocolates; so here I am with my latest article on the topic… no prize for guessing CHOCOLATES for all my chocoholic friends!!
5 Minute Chocolate mug cake-
This is a very quick recipe and does not need any sort of prior preps. So here you go!!
4 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons cocoa
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter or oil
3 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla (or peppermint) extract
1 tablespoon choc chips
1 large mug
* Add dry ingredients to the mug, and mix well.
* Crack an egg and add it to your mug. Be sure to mix it well to avoid any pockets of flour in the corners. Pour in the milk, oil and chocolate chips, and mix well. Add the vanilla extract.
* Pop your mug into the microwave & zap for 3 minutes on maximum power (1000watt). Wait until the cake stops rising, and sets in the mug.
* If necessary, run a knife around the sides of the mug, and tip the still warm cake out of the mug and onto a saucer.
Milk Chocolate Truffles-
This recipe contains a lot of cream so do exercise a little after having these truffles. After all we don’t want to be fat right!!
36 truffles are made in one go!!
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 ounces dark chocolate (58 to 62 percent cacao), chopped or broken into 1-inch pieces
6 ounces milk chocolate, chopped or broken into 1-inch pieces
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
About 1/3 cup cocoa powder for dusting the truffles
* Heat the cream over medium-high heat until bubbles begin to appear around the edge. Turn off the heat and add the dark and milk chocolate; let sit 5 minutes. Stir until the chocolate is melted, then stir in the butter.
* Put the cocoa powder in a shallow dish or pie pan.
* With a teaspoon measure, scoop out the chocolate using a flat spoonful for each truffle. Between your palms, roll the chocolate pieces into balls, and then toss the balls in the cocoa so they’re coated with the powder. If at any time they get warm and stick to your hands, put them back in the refrigerator for a bit to firm up.
* The truffles will keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for 1 week and should be served cold.
Choco chip cookies-
Delicious, round and chewy cookies waiting to be gorged on! So grab this recipe quickly!!!
Serves- 2 dozen
1 stick (1/2 cup) softened butter salted or unsalted, at room temperature (required)
¾ cup light or dark brown sugar (required)
1 large egg, at room temperature (required)
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional, but recommended)
¼ tsp salt, or large pinch (optional, but recommended)
1 cup plus ¼ cup flour being careful not to pack down when measuring (required)
1 cup chocolate chips (any kind your prefer or have on hand)
*Preheat oven to 350ºF.
*In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl with a hand mixer) cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. (NOTE: if you do not have a mixer you can do this with a wooden spoon. Beat together the butter and sugar until completely combined and fluffy. This will take some time.)
*Add the egg and vanilla (if using) to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until incorporated.
*Stir in the flour, salt (if using), and the chocolate chips just until combined. Do not mix for a long time after adding the flour; it will create cookies that are too tough or cakey.
*Scoop into mounds about 2 TBSP each onto ungreased cookie sheets (you can use a silpat or parchment paper to line your sheets). Do not put more than 9 cookies per sheet.
*Bake at 350ºF until just set on the edges and middle still looks a little bit undercooked. About 8-12 minutes. (These cookies do not brown as much as other cookies because of the lack of baking soda or baking powder.)
*Allow to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing. Cookies will continue to cook on the sheets for a few minutes.
Latest posts by Shabnam Mukadam (see all)
- List of 5 Hollywood Couples Who Split Up For Good - January 20, 2015
- Top 3 Mock-tail Recipes That You Can Easily Make At Home - January 13, 2015
- The Amazing Quick Recipes : How To Make A Chocolate Walnut Cake - January 13, 2015