THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (NIESBUD)
NIESBUD is an apex body for co-ordinating and overseeing the activities of various institutions and agencies engaged in entrepreneurship development particularly in the area of small-scale industry.
The main objectives of the institute are:
- To accelerate the process of entrepreneurship development throughout the country and among all segments of the society.
- To help institutions/agencies in carrying out activities relating to entrepreneurship development.
- To evolve standardised process of selection, training support and sustenance to potential entrepreneurs enabling them to set up and run their enterprises successfully.
- To provide information support to trainers, promoters and entrepreneurs by organising documentation and research work relevant to entrepreneurship development
- To provide functional forums for integration and exchange of experiences helpful for policy formulation and modification at various levels.
The main functions of the Institute are as follows:
(i) Evolving effective training, strategy and methodology.
(ii) Formulating scientific selection procedure)
(iii) Standardising model syllabus for training for various groups.
(iv) Developing training aids, manuals and other tools.
(v) Supporting 9ther agencies engaged in entrepreneurship development.
(vi) Conducting such programmes for promoters, trainers and entrepreneurs which are commonly not undertaken by other agencies
(vii) Organising all those activities that help develop entrepreneurial culture in the country.
(viii) Publishing literature for furtherance of entrepreneurship and small business development.