Big M Method :
1. If any constraint have negative constant on RHS, multiply both sides by – 1 to obtain non negative constant. In this situation inequality will be reversed.
2. Convert the inequalities into equalities by introducing slack, surplus, or artificial variables as per sign of inequality.
3. Assign – M to an artificial variable in objective function in case of Maximization and + M to an artificial variable in objective function in case of minimization.
Latest posts by MT UVA BMS (see all)
- International Finance Important Question Bank – MT UVA BMS - May 5, 2014
- Special Studies in Finance Chapter-wise Important Sums for practice - November 25, 2013
- Operations Research Important Questions 2013 – MT UVA BMS - April 22, 2013