States of Nature : These are all possible events which are beyond the control of decision maker and these determine the level of success for given act. These events are often called as states of nature. It is assumed that these are mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive. In general states of nature are denoted by s1, s2, s3, …, sm etc.
(1) S1 : There will be demand of 1000 units of certain product
S2 : Demand will be more than 2000 units.
(2) S1 : There will be heavy rain fall in the month of June.
S2 : There will be moderate rain fall in the month of June.
S3 : There will be very less rain fall in the month of June.
Latest posts by MT UVA BMS (see all)
- International Finance Important Question Bank – MT UVA BMS - May 5, 2014
- Special Studies in Finance Chapter-wise Important Sums for practice - November 25, 2013
- Operations Research Important Questions 2013 – MT UVA BMS - April 22, 2013