You’re full Name- Janice D’souza
College Name – R. D. National College, Bandra
Total Marks (out of 700) and percentage along with grade: – 571 (out of 700)
Percentage: 81.57% Grade: O
Rank in college/university (please mentioned rank along with the specialization): 1st in College (marketing)
1) Tell us about yourself, your background, why did you choose to do BMS and what do you plan to do after BMS?
I’m Janice D’souza pursuing my BMS from R.D.National College, Bandra. I chose BMS because it’s gives me an in depth knowledge about management as well as it gives me options to choose my field of specialization by the end of the course. BMS is a course that kept all my options open after graduation.
2) Tell us about your college (your college experience, favorite memories, favorite faculties etc.)
- D. National College was a new learning experience in my life. I did take a while to mix around but when I did, I found myself around some really amazing friends.
I think the college fest ‘Meter Down’ gave me loads of memories to cherish. It not only got me to know more people but also taught me how to manage the show at the last moment.
All my faculties were excellent in their own field. My Coordinator, Prof.Nikisha Kukreja was very supportive throughout, especially during my Black Book as she was my guide. Prof.Saira Tumbi and Prof.Gayatri Narang were always there to guide me.
3) Who in your life has influenced the most? Why?
There are various people who have influenced me in their own way. The two people I would like to mention are Prof. Vipin Saboo and my best friend. They both supported and motivated me at every step throughout the year pushing me to do my best and achieve the first place.
4) Any comments on the revised BMS Syllabus?
Being the first batch having the revised BMS Syllabus, I found that second year marketing specialization gave us a deep understanding of the various aspects of marketing. However, we missed out the basic knowledge on finance and human resource.
5) Tell us about your tips to study in TYBMS?
According to me, the best way to study marketing is to relate it with our daily lives and pick examples which not only helped me remember my content but also helped me to incorporateit in my paper. I did follow a daily studying pattern suggested by my Sir Vipin Saboo.
6) How does it feel to be amongst the toppers?
I’m very really happy to be amongst the toppers of my college. It gives me great joy to see my parents and professors proud of me.
7) Did you join any class? If yes/No, why?
Yes, I did join Vipin Saboo Tutorials (VST) for a practical paper: Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Joining VST is what has brought me this far by the constant guidance and motivation from Prof. Vipin Saboo.
8) Would you like to give any tips to your juniors so that they can prepare for TYBMS in the same way you did?
Like I said earlier, relate the syllabus with day-to-day examples and highlight them in your paper. Study and revise your subjects daily. Keep your mind calm and stop studying at least 30 minutes before your paper.
9) If you are made the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University, what changes would you like to initiate in the Indian education system? And even in BMS?
If I was made the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University, I would make the education system a little more practical, like having compulsory internships for all the course which really helps to gain experience and relate your theoretical knowledge to the world outside. in BMS, I think the only change required is going back to the 60-40 grading system that gave us more opportunities for projects and presentation which is essential in today’s world.
10) Your feedback for BMS.co.in?
BMS.co.in is a great website designed to guide BMS students with mock papers
as well as the latest updates.
Latest posts by vipin0785 (see all)
- Business Communications II FYBMS Question Bank 2019 - March 21, 2019
- Business Environment Question Bank FYBMS 2019 - March 21, 2019
- Business Mathematics Question Bank FYBMS 2019 - March 21, 2019