Each project will be supervised by an academic staff, either full-time or part-time. Some projects, due to their inherent nature (e.g. multidisciplinary) may be supervised by a maximum of two supervisors.
A Project Guide/Internal Guide should normally not be appointed for the project of a student who is directly related to him/her to ensure impartiality. The onus to declare any such relation with a final year student rests with the supervisor.
The supervisor(s) shall monitor, support and direct the student’s work and progress soon after the allocation of project titles.
The responsibilities of the Project Guide/Internal Guide include:
- Supervising/proposing projects in their own subject area;
- Briefing the students and appraising them of the regulations pertaining to the final year projects;
- Setting a framework for regular scheduled progress meeting between supervisor(s) and student;
- Giving frequent feedback/comments on progress achieved by the student;
- Giving guidance about relevant literature on the topic under study and appropriate literature sources;
- Providing advice on issues of plagiarism, in line with the University Regulations;
- Assisting in the identification of a research methodology, planning and execution of the research project (if applicable);
- Giving guidance on the approach for appropriate analysis of data obtained, interpretation and presentation of results (if applicable);
- Giving guidance about the formulation of an appropriate hypothesis-driven research project and focusing on the objectives of the research (if applicable);
- Assisting in the preparation of a viable/feasible research proposal (synopsis), inclusive of a time schedule and a project costing before embarking on the study (if applicable);
- Providing guidance on issues of laboratory safety (if applicable);
- Giving guidance on the writing of the different chapters of the dissertation and communicating the standard expected;
- Advising on the preparation of the oral presentation and/or poster (if applicable).
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019