1) Tell us about yourself, your background, why did you choose to do BMS and what do you plan to do after BMS?
I did my schooling from Dr.S.Radhakrishanan Vidyalaya. I have been in K.E.S. College since 4 years. I have always been an Average Student. Besides I love Playing Cricket and I have good interest in Stock Market.
I Joined BMS since it gave me all round knowledge rather than focusing on one particular field. I plan to Pursue MBA in Finance from reputed University after completing my BMS.
2) Tell us about your college
I have been studying in K.E.S College since 4 years. The experience of College Life is good. My favorite memories would include my Selection in ICICI securities as an Intern through KSCHOOL. My favorite faculties would definitely be my Coordinator Miss Uma Ma’am and all other Staff who have been helpful.
3) Who in your life has influenced the most? Why?
My Father is the one to whom I am observing from my childhood. He is my role model and I always go to him if I am stuck up in any problem or situation which is better handled by him than anyone else. Also my Father is a Share Holder and by observing him I have learned to deal in Stock Market.
4) Presentations and Projects form a very integral part of BMS. Any comments on how to ace them?
Currently I am working on a project regarding the IPO i.e. Initial Public Offering. I am gathering information regarding the recent IPO’s which are going on, the latest one is Manpasand Beverages Ltd IPO which will start from 24th June. The past IPO’s were INOX WIND LTD IPO and Adlabs Entertainment Ltd IPO. The projects and presentations in BMS are very important and form an integral part of Management Studies. From these projects and presentations, a student can develop his knowledge by working on various exciting projects.
5) Tell us about your student experience at Vipin Saboo Tutorials. Would you recommend VST to other students?
I have joined VST from April 2015 as I wanted to choose finance as a subject in the last year of BMS, My friends recommended me to join this tutorials as Vipin Sir is an Expert in finance. I would like to suggest the Second Year BMS Students to join VST, and I am speaking this from my own self experience.
6) If you are made the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University, what changes would you like to initiate in the Indian education system? And even in BMS?
Sincerely speaking, actually I would be very happy to be the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University. I would like to make the following changes in Both the Indian Education system and also in BMS:
- 60-40 system back in the Education System.
- More Practical and Less Theory.
- More Projects rather than attending the boring lectures.
7) Does coming from a well reputed or good college/school help you boost your confidence? What message would you like to give to the students coming from an inferior college/vernacular medium
As a student, I treat everyone equally and I don’t feel that coming from a well reputed school/college any one can boost one’s confidence. Every particular student has some special qualities, they just have to use them in the right direction and choose a right path.
8) Your feedback for BMS.co.in?
This site is very beneficial for the younger ones who have lesser knowledge about BMS. I thank Vipin Sir for giving me the opportunity to join this site and make the best use of it.
9) Your favorite / memorable moments at VST which you would like to share with the audience?
There is no such particular moment because I have joined VST since April. I just love to interact with Vipin Sir and give answers during the class.
10) VST is known to produce subject toppers and college toppers, what are your action points to reach there?
I wish to become a subject topper in any one subject atleast and for this I have to work hard.
(Prof. Vipin Saboo (BMS-Rank holder, PGDBM, M Com) is an author, examiner and moderator at Mumbai University and a visiting faculty with over 20 colleges in Mumbai. You can reach out to Prof. Vipin Saboo @9820779873 for any academic doubts / queries.)