Management is a process of achieving organizational goals through people and resources. Management process is described as: planning, organizing, influencing, controlling. Management is all about forecasting and planning, to organize, to command, to coordinate and to control.
Here we present Principles of Management Case Study For Practice:
Mr. Sid, the regional sales manager of Mumbai Division was not satisfied with the performance of one of the sales representatives, Mr. Joy. On several occasions, Mr. Sid had suggested various ways and means to Mr. Joy to improve the performance, but Mr. Joy failed to put the desired efforts, and as a result of this, the sales of Mumbai division suffered, for which Mr. Sid was held responsible by Mr. Shaan, the general sales manager.
Mr. Sid warned Mr. Joy to improve his performance otherwise he would be dismissed. Mr. Joy did not pay attention to the warning and continued to put least efforts in his sales performance. Finally Mr. Sid served a termination notice to Mr. Joy. However, Mr. Sid was persuaded by the general sales manager Mr. Shaan to withdraw the resignation, as Mr. Joy happens to be the son of the union leader who pressurized Mr. Shaan to withdraw the resignation.
1) What is the authority – power – responsibility – accountability relationship in this case?
2) What can be the possible impact of these relationships on the functioning of the company?
3) What would you have done, if you were in the position of Mr. Shaan?
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019