McDonald’s turns out to be the most liked eating Big Macs-and those who don’t may still enjoy the countless unique items served by McDonald’s around the world. For a fact the burger giant serves more than 75 burgers every second.
There are some facts which we didn’t know
- McDonald’s opens a new restaurant every four hours.
- Each year, McDonald’s buys 3.4 billion pounds of potatoes.
- A McDonald’s strawberry milkshake contains about 50 chemicals.
- The smallest McDonald’s restaurant is 492 square feet in Tokyo, Japan
- The largest McDonald’s restaurant is 28,000 square feet located in Beijing.
- The McDonald’s Caesar salad is more fattening than its hamburger.
- McDonald’s makes burgers like Ford makes cars: with an assembly line method.
- McDonald’s marketing aggressively targets children.
- Famous people who worked at McDonald’s include Sharon Stone, Shania Twain, Jay Leno, Rachel McAdams and Pink.
- McDonald’s spends more than $1 billion a year on direct advertising.
- Approximately 9 out of 10 children in America eat at a McDonald’s restaurant every month.
- McDonald’s serves 9 million pounds of fries globally-per year.
- Every day, McDonald’s feeds over 68 million people. This is more than the entire population of the U.K.
- Of the 196 countries in the world, McDonald’s is in 119 of them i.e. about 61%.
- McDonald’s Corporation is the largest owner of retail property in the world. The company earns most of its profit not from selling food, but by collecting rent.