The following points can judge the importance of leadership:
- A leader should act as a friend of the people whom he is leading.
- A leader must have the capacity to recognize the potentials of the individuals and transform them into realities.
- A leader should have the confidence of the individuals of the organization.
- A leader must be able to unite the people as a team and build up team spirit.
- A leader should be able to maintain discipline among his group and develop a sense of responsibility.
- A leader must be able to build up a high morale among the individuals of the organization.
- A leader should motivate his people to achieve goals.
- A leader should try to raise the morale of the individuals and should maintain ethical standards among the individuals.
- A leader should act as a link between the work groups and the forces outside the organization.