Leading and managing go together but some differences exist between the two. The following are the differences between the leadership and the management:
- Management takes rational and logical decisions while leadership takes decision on expectations of the followers. Leadership has an emotional appeal while management acts on rationality.
- The management establishes relationship through a lawful authority while leadership establishes relationship through power.
- Managers have formal authority but the leaders have no such authority.
- All leaders are not managers and all managers are leaders.
- Management is a process of planning, organizing, directing and controlling the activities of others to attain the organizational objectives. Leadership on the other hand, is a process of influencing the behavior of the people to attain their assigned tasks. A successful manager must possess both the managerial and leadership qualities.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019