FEATURES OF LEADERSHIP
The features of leadership are as follows:
- Leadership is the process of influencing behavior of individuals of an organization.
- Leadership uses non-coercive methods to direct and coordinate the activities of the individuals of an organization.
- Leadership directs the individuals to attain the tasks assigned to them by following the instructions of their leaders.
- A leader possesses qualities to influence others.
- Leadership gives the individuals, a vision for future.
- Leadership is a group activity. Leader influences his followers and followers also exercise influence over his leader.
- Leadership is meant for a given situation, given group for a pre-determined period of lime.
- Leadership is continuous process of influencing behavior. It encourages liveliness in the group.