Entrepreneurial Interview With Pradeep Chopra, CEO of Digital Vidya – Digital Marketing Learning Place
- Tell us something about yourself
IIT Delhi Graduate, worked in TCS for 1 year and been Serial Entrepreneur since 2000. Details at http://www.linkedin.com/in/pradeepchopra
- Tell us something about your business.
Digital Vidya is India’s largest and most respected Digital Marketing competency building organization. We help organizations grow by leveraging Digital Marketing through our experiential trainings and our Digital Marketing talent acquisition services. On the other hand, we help students build their career in Digital Marketing industry through our job-oriented Digital Marketing courses.
- What is your philosophy towards work?
Do what you really enjoy and passionate about. Work when doesn’t appear like work is a true work J.
- Whom do you admire as your role model? And why?
Honestly, I don’t have a single individual who I admire as role model. I admire and learn from entrepreneurs who’ve made impossible possible. Few of them I would remember more are Narayan Murthy, Steve Jobs, Larry Page, Sergey Brin.
- “Management is core to every individual, organization & society.” Give your views on it.
Sure. Every moment we are managing something in our professional or personal life. While everyone has 24 hours, successful entrepreneurs and business leaders continue to achieve far more than others and it’s their management ability, which distinguishes them from others.
- Name 3 qualities of prime importance that a businessman should possess.
Leadership, Integrity, Passion
- According to you, what are the challenges for Entrepreneurship today?
In my view, today it’s only the mind set (of budding entrepreneurs) which is the challenge. Entrepreneurial Ecosystem, which is still under development, will further accelerate the process.
- Can Entrepreneurship be taught in B-Schools/Management Institutes/Colleges?
Entrepreneurship is already taught in B-Schools and is surely contributing to the overall growth. However, real entrepreneurship is to be experienced and only happens on the court.
- Is the Name of the Institute from where a student pursues his/her Graduation/Post Graduation or other courses important while setting up your business?
It surely helps to get entry into the doors of clients, investors and other stake holders but entrepreneur’s passion & drive to solve real world’s problem is far more important.
- Do you think today’s economy is conducive for a new venture to start upon?
- Do you think introduction of Wal-Mart in retail industry will affect businesses to great extent. What impact will it have on Indian business industry.?
In short term it appears threatening, in the long term it will only lead to more innovation and larger successes.
- “Earning more & more is the motive behind any business.” Is it justifiable?
I would replace it with ‘creating more and more wealth for all stakeholders’ is the motive behind any business J.
- Share with us the most enjoyable moment you had experienced on work.
While in business everyday is enjoyable, initial days when we could take our 1st venture Whizlabs Software to US$ 0.5M in revenue purely through online medium in 2004 were quite fulfilling.
- Your feedback for BMS.co.in?
Bachelors taking on Entrepreneurship is the best think which can happen to them and I wish BMS.co.in loads of success in making it happen.
History- Started in 2009 with our 1st Social Media Marketing Workshop in Delhi.
Vision/Mission– Be the significant contributor to the growth of Digital Marketing industry.
Products & Service– Digital Marketing Trainings & Talent Acquisition Service.
Marketing Strategy– Leave our customers delighted and not just satisfied. And truly leverage our service (i.e. Digital Marketing skills) for ourselves.
Existing Market Presence– Organized over 130 experiential Digital Marketing trainings for 2500+ participants from 500+ brands across Asia.
Future Plans– Accelerate our contribution by launching new offerings (e.g. job-oriented Digital Marketing courses) and by expanding our reach through online delivery (e.g. instructor-led, online Digital Marketing course) & productization (e.g. on-demand Facebook Marketing course)
Latest posts by karan (see all)
- Latest Notification for MMS/MBA admissions 2014-16 - July 11, 2014
- 7 Reasons To Ensure You Do An MMS/MBA - July 7, 2014
- What is the difference between MBA and PGDM program? - July 6, 2014