Empowering refers to passing on authority and responsibility. Empowerment occurs when power goes to employees who then experience a sense of ownership and control over their jobs
Empowered individuals know that their jobs belong to them. Given a say on how things are done, employees feel more responsible. When they feel responsible, they show more initiative in their work, get more done, and enjoy the work more
Empowerment is facilitated by a combination of factors, including values, leadership actions, job structure, and reward systems. Self-directed teams (another name for empowered teams) have the following distinct features.
- They are empowered to share various management functions.
- They plan, control and improve their own work processes.
- They set their own goals and inspect their own work.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019