Gone are those days where producers and directors had to really work hard to get themselves a respectable amount of crowd for their movies! They had to tear the seam off the ball and scratch their heads a million times to get a shot complete in such a way which gets noticed by the audience. The fraternity had to create an impact in each sense in order to make the movie hit in every sense, may it critics or their mere audience. But now, the scenario has took a turn! One strong hero, a mesmerizing heroine, a dumb kind of villain, a short love story and lots of action. That’s it! 100 Crores in producers pocket! Though it may not be the ethical way, still we can’t help it! Its the audience who is paying for such movies and adding up to producer’s pocket. Interestingly, three of the top 5 movies of All Time Highest Grossers of Bollywood have emerged from 2013 itself! Now that’s can be called as an inflationary collection.
Lets see what numbers have to say!
5. Ek Tha Tiger (2012)
Producer: Yash Raj Films
Director: Kabir Khan
Net World Wide Gross: 350 crores
4. Krrish 3 (2013)
Producer: Flimkraft Productions
Director: Rakesh Roshan
Net World Wide Gross: 374 crores
3. 3 Idiots (2009)
Producer: Vinod Chopra Productions
Director: Rajkumar Hirani
Net World Wide Gross: 392 crores
2. Chennai Express (2013)
Producer: Red Chillies Entertainment
Director: Rohit Shetty
Net World Wide Gross: 462 crores
1. Dhoom 3 (2013)
Producer: Yash Raj Films
Director: Vijay Krishna Acharya
Net World Wide Gross: 533 Crores
- Aamir Khan is the only actor to feature in two movies out of top five grossing movies, namely 3 Idiots and Dhoom 3.
- 3 Idiots is the only movie to feature in the list which fall in last decade i.e 2000-2009
- Except Chennai Express, all other movies listed above have a numeric attached in its title.
- Yash Raj Films became the only bollywood franchise to make it twice to the top grossing list.
- Apart from Krrish 3, all over top grossers had a ‘Khan’ in the lead role. It did make a great impact!
- All the films were released post July, apparently in the later part of the year.
We can’t say whether Modi Sarkar may help to develop economy or not, but we can surely say that the Bollywood Industry will surely help to rise the GDP of Indian economy. And the greatest contributor to make this happen, is none other than, the audiences! Who don’t only go and watch these movies in multiplexes as well as single screens but also make these makes earn a huge stack of hard cash. We take a bow towards such film makers and such star struck audiences!
Latest posts by Kabeer Rath (see all)
- Leading e-Commerce Brands in India - August 23, 2014
- Revealed: Unknown Facts About Karan Johar - August 14, 2014
- Shocking Expectations From The Movie Singham Returns - August 14, 2014