Subramaniam Swamy is an Indian politician and economist and a former cabinet minister. He was the president of the Janata Party. Swamy had served as member of the Planning Commission of India and Cabinet Minister of India.
- Not many of us know that Swamy had a certain aversion towards for many of the tallest leaders of the BJP.
- Swamy is the man who single handedly made it possible for the Hindu devotees to access the Kailash Mansarovar pilgrimage route.
- Swamy is an academician turned Lawyer.
- Swamy is a dropout from Harvard.
- The intellectual political leader, who enjoys a huge following on social networking sites, is also an expert on Chinese/ Mandarin language. He mastered the language in just 3 months.
- He was the only minister during Indira Gandhi’s rule who stepped inside the Parliament (in disguised form) and challenged the incumbent rule raining voice against him (and others like him). Interestingly, he even left the nation without getting trapped by security forces. This tells a lot about the courage this man had.
- He was elected Member of Parliament 5 times between 1974 and 1999.