Lionel Andres “Leo” Messi Cuccittini is an Argentine footballer who plays as a forward for F.C. Barcelona and is the captain of Argentina National Team.
LESSER KNOWN FACTS ABOUT LIONEL MESSI
- At the age of eleven, Messi was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency syndrome that was the primary reason in reducing his body height.
- One of the most striking facts about Messi is that he is one among the shortest forwards in the world. Despite his short height he still continues to amaze people with is football talent.
- In 2009, Lionel Messi won his first FIFA World Player of the Year award. He was only 22 then and he continued to win the award the next three years. He became the first player to win this award in four consecutive seasons.
- He is also the player who has scored the most hat-tricks in the history of the club.
- Lionel Messi is the first football player in the World to win three European Golden Shoe awards.
- It was a piece of napkin that started Lionel Messi’s career at Barcelona.
- He is considered to be one of the richest footballers of his time.
IMAGES OF LIONEL MESSI
Lionel Messi continues to amaze the world with his skills, it is very clear that he is poised to win much more awards in the coming years.