There’s truth in the axiom “you are what you eat.” It’s especially relevant when managing inflammation. While some foods can make things worse, there are plenty of tasty anti-inflammatory foods.
1. Good Oils: Ditch the vegetable oil for healthier options like olive, grape seed, and avocado oils. Use extra virgin olive oil in cooking and on salads and get your food working faster for you. It’s good for your heart and your brain, too.
2. Herbs: Chop up an array of herbs with some garlic, and combine with olive oil for a tasty, all-purpose marinade. Incorporate ginger, too. It’s a fighter.
3. Nuts & Fruits: Between meals, try nuts and fruits.
4. Fish: Red meat has earned its bad reputation because of it’s higher in cholesterol and salt, which can trigger inflammation. To get your protein, switch to fish – like salmon, snapper, tuna, cod, halibut, and bass – that are high in omega-3 fatty acid.
5. Tea : Besides reducing your risk of heart disease and cancer, green tea works like liquid vegetables as it stages an anti-inflammatory fight inside your body.
6. Chocolate: Chocolate – yes, chocolate – that is at least 70% pure cocoa is a great way to keep inflammation down.
7. Garlic: Garlic. Our powerful little friend also packs a wallop in the healthy-foods department and works great for swollen joints.
BY BASMAH ANSARI
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019