Forced to cover up because of the thwarting tans the summertime left back? Annoyed by the itching and redness? Don’t worry. You can get rid of those at home with these simple ingredients.
HERE ARE SIMPLE COOLEST REMEDIES TO GET RID OF THOSE SUNBURNS
COOL WATER TREATMENT: the first and most important remedy for any health issue is Water.
– Soak a wash cloth in Cool water and spread it on the affected area for a few minutes.
– Take a cool water shower as it helps relieve the redness and also pulls the heat away from your burned skin.
– Sunburn is caused due to exposure to sun which means that your body has become dehydrated. Drink lots of water at frequent intervals to keep your body hydrated and it also helps your sunburn to heal faster.
– Get Aloe Vera and cut it to extract its gel. Apply the gel over the affected area and let it dry. Then wash off with cool water. Aloe Vera treats your sunburn with its soothing coolness.
Cucumber has natural antioxidants and analgesic properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for skin conditions including sunburn.
You can: -Make cucumber paste and apply it over the affected area
Or -Make cucumber juice and apply it over the sun-burnt area with the help of a cloth.
The starchy components of potatoes give you relief from stinging sensations that sunburn brings to you.
-Cut the potato into slices and rub it gently over the harmed area
-make paste of potatoes with little water and apply it to the area. Leave for few minutes for it to dry and then wash off with cool water.
TOMATOES AND YOGURT
The red juicy vegetable is rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant, which seems to grant the much required cooling effect to your burned skin. Not only does tomatoes cool and soothe your burning skin, the vitamins A and C in them help replenish your skin too.
Oats are a very rich source of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory components. It makes oatmeal a perfect remedy for itchy sunburned skin.
– Take a cup of oatmeal and grind it. Add this powdered oatmeal in the bathtub and soak in it.
Or – Take a cup of oatmeal, grind it- add milk and 2-3 tsps. of honey. Mix well and apply this paste. Leave it for 10-15 minutes before washing off.
there is healing enzymes present in papaya that helps to heal the sunburned and irritated skin. Also, honey traps the moisture in your skin which is needed for your dry sunburned skin.
- You need:
papaya (chopped) – 1 cup
oatmeal powder – 2 tbsp.
honey – 1 tbsp.
These home remedies will cost you little to nothing, but it is better to prevent yourself. Cover yourself when leaving home and apply sunscreen lotions or other creams as it gives your skin a protective layer against the harmful UV rays.
-By Harshali Amin
Latest posts by Bharati Shetty (see all)
- 6 Types Of Girls We Encounter In Our Lifetime - August 25, 2014
- 10 Beautiful habits’ every Beautiful Gal Should Adopt! - August 16, 2014
- 5 Reasons Why You Will Delete Your Facebook Account From Your Phone! - August 15, 2014