This is the 35th National Games Of India held in God’s Own Country – Kerela. Here are a few facts that everybody ought to know about this event
- The event is said to be held at seen districts of the state namely Thiruvanthapuram, Kollam, Alapuza, Ernakulam, Kozhikode, Trissur and Kannur.
- Kerala has hosted this event prior late in the year 1987, ie 27th National Game.
- The Ambassador for the event is no other than our very own cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar.
The Ambassador promoting
- On 31st of January the event was inaugurated by the Union Minister Of urban Development Venkaiah Naidu.
The opening ceremony–
- The Great Hornbill which is the state bird of Kerala is selected as the mascot of the event and is named as “Ammu”. This is being done to spread the awareness of the bird being extinct if not conserved and also its female gender represents the tribute given to women of Kerala and also throws the light over the gender ratio which is tilted on female population more unlike rest states of the nation.
- Saloni Dalal is said to be youngest medal achiever and has achieved bronze medal for 200m Breast Stroke Swimming Event. She has also won a silver medal for relay race.
- Sports Events and the number of Medals
Beach Handball 2
Beach Volleyball 2
Kho Kho 2
Lawn Bowls 8
Rugby Sevens 1
Table Tennis 7
The event’s National Anthem–
Run Kerala the official Song-