Mamata Banerjee popularly know as the “didi’ is the leader of the All India Trinamool Congress party and the 11th Chief Minister of West Bengal in 2011.
Some Unknown Facts You Ought To Know About Mamata Banerjee:
1. Mamata Banerjee is 59 years old. She was born on 5th January,1955. She was born in Kolkata, West Bengal.
The below picture is a childhood picture of Mamata Banerjee:
2. In 2013, Mamata Banerjee was voted by the largest anti-corruption coalition of India, India Against Corruption, as the most honest politician of India. She has always maintained an austere and simple lifestyle, dressed up in traditional cotton sarees of Bengal and wearing a chappal, without any jewelry and cosmetics. She is mostly seen carrying a cotton bag hung over her shoulder.
The below pictures show Mamata Banerjee’s simplicity:
3. In 2002 after becoming the Railway Minister she introduced new trains, made extension of a few express train services, increased frequency of some trains, aimed at developing tourism and also proposed the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation.She introduced several non-stop Duronto Express trains that connected major cities, other passenger trains, and ladies-special trains during her second term as Railway Minister, from 31 May 2009 to 19 July 2011.
The below pictures show the development in railway industry:
4. Books by Mamata Banerjee in Bengali
- Janatar Darbare
- Ashubho Shanket
- Jago Banglaa
- Ganotantre Lajja
- Andolaner Katha
Books by Mamata Banerjee in English
- Slaughter of Democracy
- Struggle for Existence
- Dark Horizon
Some of the books and her paintings pictures are below:
5. Awards won by Mamata Banerjee
- The Time magazine in 2012 mentioned her among the 100 Most Influential People in the World
- The Bloomberg Markets magazine marked her as one of the “50 Most Influential People in the World of Finance” in September 2012.
Some Pictures of Mamata Banerjee are below:
6. Mamata Banerjee’s one of the speech.