1) Nitin Jairam Gadkari was born on 27 May 1957. He is an Indian Politician and the current Transport minister under the BJP central cabinet in the 16th Lok Sabha.
2) In 2009, Mr.Gadkari was appointed to head BJP after the party suffered a defeat in the general elections that year. Mr. Gadkari constructed a series of roads, highways and flyovers across the state including the Yashwantrao Chavan Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
3) From 1995 to 1999, Nitin Gadkari served as the minister of Public Works Department(PWD) and restructured it from top to bottom. He was appointed as the Chairman of National Rural Road Development Committee by the Union Government.
4) Before the 2014 Maharashtra Assembly Elections, The Election Commission on 6 October 2014 issued a notice to Gadkari for ” statements to the effect of including the voters to take bribe”.
5) In 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Gadkari defeated Congress leader Vilas Muttemwar by a margin of 285,000.
Images Of Nitin Gadkari:-
Videos Of Nitin Gadkari:-
Latest posts by Aisha Khan (see all)
- 5 Interesting Facts About Chelsea F.C. That You Should Know - December 29, 2014
- 5 Quick Facts About Somalia That You Should Know - December 29, 2014
- Interesting Facts About Sun TV COO’s Arrest That You Do Not Know - December 27, 2014