Yosemite National Park, located in the U.S.A. is spread all across the eastern and central portion of this united nation’s land. It is a Delight to all Nature Lovers. Established on 1st October 1890 this covers an area of 747,956 acres (3,026.87 km sq) and is managed by the National Park Service. It was considered to a World Heritage site in 1984. Here are a few interesting facts that you should know about this park-
1. El Capitan the most famous site of Yosemite Park is the largest Granite monolith that is exposed in the world.
A short documentary made while climbing this natural marvel-
2.Fauna and Flora found here include the mule deer and chipmunks of the valley and the marmots and pikas of the heights; the brush rabbit and chaparral of the near desert; the dogwood and warblers of mid-elevation forests; the red fir and Jeffrey pine of mile-high forests; the dwarf willow and matted flowers of Yosemite’s majestic mountains.
Animals found here-
3.Yosemite falls stop during August because these falls occur due to snow and all the snow melts till June and July.
4. The park’s giant sequoia trees can survive for more than 3,000 years old.
5. Approximately 4 million people visit this park every year.
Latest posts by Shreya Karania (see all)
- The Journey Of A Successful BMS Content Writer Intern – Ms. Shreya Karania - March 30, 2015
- 7 Facts You Need To Definetly Know About Kayla Mueller - February 15, 2015
- Top 3 Latest News Pieces That Every Barcelona Fan Should Know About Its Favourite Team - February 15, 2015