- The meeting must have been convened by the proper authority. The proper authorities are:-
(i) Board of Directors:- General Meeting
(ii) Shareholders :- Extra ordinary General Meeting
(iii) The Company Law Board:- For AGM and EGM on petition from the directors or shareholders.
- Proper and adequate notice must have been served to all those entitled to attend the meeting.
- For a valid meeting the provision given in the Articles as to the quorum is to be followed.
- For a meeting to precede a ‘chairman’ is to be elected as per the provision of the Articles.
- Proper minutes of the meeting are to be kept by the proper authority.