Case study refers to collection of facts related to real business situations. For solving a case study, we need to analyze the issues presented in the case and use our knowledge of how we can solve the issues.
How to solve a marketing case study?
Your analysis should be based on :
- List down the facts in the case
- Identification of important issues
- List down the solutions to solve the issues
- Evaluate the best possible solutions
- Recommend the best possible solution
1) List down the facts in the case:
When you are provided a marketing case study, you are advised to re-read the case by underlining crucial facts, figures and charts and prepare questions whose answers will be useful for you to identify the key issues.
2) Identification of important issues:
After reading the facts in the case, figure out the key issues e.g. new opportunities, changing environment, excess inventories, retail, decline in competitive position and examine them. The issues may not be immediately obvious but you can understand them after reading the case and facts twice or thrice.
3) List down the solutions to solve the issues:
The concepts you studied in marketing subject can help you to list down possible solutions to solve the key issues identified in the case. You can suggest new promotion strategy or overall strategy based on financial capabilities, business category, goals, customer market, competition, legal restrictions, economic trends and sources of supply.
4) Evaluate the best possible solutions:
Based on the case facts and important issues identified, each probable solution should be analysed on the basis of strategic concepts, business environment and company’s risk-taking ability. If there is any important issues missing in the case, you can include them based on your case analysis.
5) Recommend the best possible solution:
Our analysis should not reflect the case summary but how well we have identified the important issues or problems, evaluation of the possible solutions and reach realistic conclusions based on our understanding of principles of marketing management and the case. The best possible solution should be chosen by applying a logical reasoning process to marketing which is also feasible for the company in current business scenario.
Tips to write a case study can be checked at:
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019