Financial Basics for HR Professionals is an elective subject in Semester 5 of TYBMS at St. Xavier’s College. BMS students need to attend 60 lectures to complete the syllabus of the subject. Financial Basics for HR Professional subjects helps BMS students view employees as assets, help them understand cash flow, compensation and bonus plans and helps them to create a financially intelligent HR department.
Unit 1 – 15 lectures
- Introduction to the Art of Finance,
- Spotting Assumptions,
- Estimates and Biases,
- Importance of financial intelligence.
- Income statement,
- Costs and expenses,
- Forms of profit.
Unit 2 – 20 lectures
- Balance Sheet basics,
- Liabilities and equity,
- Cash as a reality check,
- Language of cash flow,
- The power of ratios.
Unit 3 – 10 lectures:
- Building blocks of ROI,
- Figuring ROI,
- Analysis of capital expenditures,
- Deciding about outsourcing.
Unit 4 – 15 lectures:
- Financial literacy,
- Transparency and corporate performance,
- Financial literacy strategies.
Continuous Internal Assessment;
- Mid semester test
- Project work – presentation.
The list of reference books of Financial Basics for HR Professionals is as follows:
- Financial Intelligence for HR professionals – Karen Bermant, Joe Knight
- HR Transformation: Building Human Resources from the outside in – Dave Ulrich, Justin Allen
- The New HR Analytics: predicting the economic value of your company’s human capital investments – Dr. Jac Fitz-enz
- The ROI of Human Capital: measuring the economic value of Employee performance – Dr. Jac Fitz-enz
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019