RESEARCH METHODS IN BUSINESS
Unit I : Fundamentals of Research : Meaning, Objectives and Significance.
Types of Research :- Basic research, Applied, Descriptive, Historical, Exploratory, Experimental, Ex-post-factor and Case study approach.
Approaches to Research:-
- Quantitative approach:-
- Qualitative approach:-
iii) Field Research
Importance of research in management decisions:-
Various areas of research in business:
a) Marketing Research
b) Government policies and economic systems
c) Social relationship
d) Planning and operational problems of research in business
Unit II : Research process:-
Selecting the topic, defining the research problem, objectives of research, literature survey, sample design, data collection, execution of project, analysis of data and hypothesis testing, generalization and interpretation and preparation of research report.
Features of good research:
Research design – Meaning, need, features of good research design, types of research design –
a) For exploratory research
b) For descriptive research
c) For causal research studies
Unit III : Hypothesis:-
Meaning, importance and types. Formulation of hypothesis and testing of hypothesis. Chi-square test, Correlation Co-efficient, Regression analysis.
Meaning, Sample and sampling, essentials of good sample. Sample size, methods of sampling:-
a) Probability sampling – cluster sampling, stratified sampling, multi stage sampling.
b) Non- probability sampling:- Purposive sampling, Quota sampling, Convenience sampling.
Unit IV : Sources and Methods of data collection:-
Primary and Secondary data.
a) Primary sources:-i. Observation ii. Interview
b) Secondary sources
Data processing – Tabulation – Data analysis and Interpretation
Report writing – layout of research report
Recommended books :
- Research Methodology – Methods & Techniques, C.R. Kothari, New Age International Publishers
- Research Methodology, Krishnaswamy O R, Himalaya Publishing House
- Business Research Methods, Donald R Cooper & Pamela S Schindler, –
- Research methods in Business, Nandagopal / Rajan, Excel
- Research Method for Business – A skill building approach, Uma Sekaram, –
- Research Methods, Donald H McBurney, CRC Press
- Statistics for Management, Levin & Reuben, Prentice Hall
- Research methods for Management, Dr S Shajahan, Jaico
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019