COOPERATIVES AND RURAL MARKETS
Unit I : The concept of the Co-Operation – Historical Background – Principles – Objectives – Characteristics – Types of Co-Operatives – Formation of Co-operatives (Urban Co-operative Banks – Credit Co-operative Societies -Housing Co-operative Societies – Labour Co-operative Societies – APMC). Role of Co-operatives – Social and Economic Development – Role of Local Leadership – Competition from Non Co-operative Organizations. Role of NABARD – State Government – RBI (Urban Banks Dept.) – Federations.
Unit II : Legislations Influencing Co-operatives – Intent and Scope of Maharashtra State Co-operative Societies Act. 1960 – MSCS Rules 1961 – Consumers Protection Act. 1986 – right to Information Act. 2005
Right and Duties of Managing Committee – Members – Registrar of Co-operatives – Auditors Challenges before Co-operatives – Strategy to face the challenges – Future of Co-operatives in India.
Unit III : Definition and Scope of Rural Markets – Rural vs. Urban Markets – Rural Marketing Environment – Rural Consumer Profile – Consumer Behaviour – Rural Marketing Mix.
Rural Market Segmentation – Targeting and Positioning – Marketing of Consumer Durables – Rural Sales force Management.
Unit IV : Agricultural Produce Marketing – Importance – Problems – Lines of Improvement – Regulated Markets.
Quality Orientation – Standardization and Grading.
Role of Financial Institutions in Agricultural Marketing – Innovative Marketing Techniques and Resent Trend in Rural Markets.
Impact of Globalization on Indian Markets – e-choupals – Commodity Markets (Importance)
Recommended books :
- Rural Marketing, T.P. Gopalawamy, Vikas Publishing
- Management of Co-operatives , Ramakishen, Jaico Publishing
- Rural Marketing, Krishnamoorthy, Himalaya Publishing
- Rural Marketing, Ramakishen, Jaico Publishing
- Marketing of Agricultural produce in India, A.P.Gupta, Vora and company
- Rural Marketing, Badi and Badi, Himalaya Publishing
- New dimensions of Cooperative Management, Kamath, Himalaya Publishing
- Cooperative Management and Administration , Goel B, Deep and Deep