1) Tell us about yourself, your background, why did you choose to do BMS and what do you plan to do after BMS?
BMS is a course that gives you a 360 degree view of management. BMS is the perfect match to the qualities I hold, so I chose BMS. After completing BMS, I will look forward to MMS (MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT STUDIES) or MBA-FINANCE.
2) Tell us about your college
Ghanshyamdas Saraf College is one of the ‘A’ graded colleges in western Mumbai with well qualified faculties. It’s been a long journey with this college with great memories out of which one is, when I was elected as CLASS REPRESENTATIVE. Being a CR is a responsible job which also gives you a chance to directly interact with all faculties.
3) Who in your life has influenced the most? Why?
My parents, grandparents and close friends have influenced life a lot with regards to studies, career, personality, morals and values and lot more.
4) Presentations and Projects form a very integral part of BMS. Any comments on how to ace them?
Yes presentations and projects are very important in BMS, it helps us to develop the qualities required and polish them as in this competitive world having these qualities will take you a long way.
5) Tell us about your student experience at Vipin Saboo Tutorials. Would you recommend VST to other students?
Yes will surely recommend VST to other students wanting to ace in BMS. My experience with VST has been very good. Sir teaches very well and makes things simple with practices and 24×7 doubt solving facility which makes you confident with your subjects. The fact that sir correlates what we have in books to real life situations makes studies and lectures more interesting.
6) If you are made the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University, what changes would you like to initiate in the Indian education system? And even in BMS?
If so then, I would like to bring back the 60-40 examination pattern with fair marking scheme with more practical work because BMS is all about experience by practically working on the theories taught.
7) Does coming from a well reputed or good college/school help you boost your confidence? What message would you like to give to the students coming from an inferior college/vernacular medium?
Honestly it’s not important to be part of reputed college rather be a part of a good college with best teaching facility which boost your confidence and academics as well.
My message: Good Students from Good College Makes the College Reputation on Basis of Academics.
“College Is Not A Product To Be Sold On The Brand Name, It Should Be The Education That Makes Your Future”
8) Your feedback for BMS.co.in?
The website is doing very well. Keep it up. It helps all of us to be updated about what’s happening in other colleges and university.
9) Your favorite / memorable moments at VST which you would like to share with the audience?
Each and every lecture at VST is memorable. There is everything new everyday to learn.
At VST we not only learn theory but also their practical implication.
10) VST is known to produce subject toppers and college toppers, what are your action points to reach there
Firstly, numerical subjects have to be practiced well. Secondly, theory subjects are to be understood and then written down. For all this I have a proper schedule to be followed. Also Vipin sir’s guidance 24×7 is something which is a value added. All my seniors have told me that during exam sir’s guidance really helps to score really well.
(Prof. Vipin Saboo (BMS-Rank holder, PGDBM, M Com) is an author, examiner and moderator at Mumbai University and a visiting faculty with over 20 colleges in Mumbai. You can reach out to Prof. Vipin Saboo @9820779873 for any academic doubts / queries.)