Teeth may look like fossils, but they’re actually dynamic living structures. They help us eat , bite and munch the delicious steaks , ice-cream candy or any junk we crave on. By the amount of work our teeth does sure it deserves the limelight .Shouldn’t we know some basics about our teeth?
A healthy mouth can help you maintain a healthy body. Studies suggest that advanced gum diseases increase the risk of heart disease, stroke, respiratory problems, and diabetes. In addition, bacteria can spread from the oral cavity to the bloodstream, causing a life-threatening infection of the heart valves. You must take care of your teeth unless and until you want a toothless future or even worse some kind of acute disease.
The oral cavity is a catch basin for all sorts of bacteria, viruses, and fungi. The oral cavity, including the lips and throat, may be the site of abscesses or other infections, disorders, or even cancer. Nearly all adults, for example, have been infected with herpes simplex virus, type 1 [HSV-1], the virus that causes cold sores in the mouth or on the lips.
You can have a Good oral health if you follow these points.
- Don’t use tobacco products.
- Brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste twice a day, and floss daily.
- Have your teeth cleaned by a dental professional every six months.
- Follow a high-fibre, low-fat, low-sugar diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Limit sugary snacks and foods with hidden sugars, such as ketchup and barbecue sauce, sliced fruit, fruit yogurt, pasta sauce, iced tea etc.
BY BASMAH ANSARI