Managements depend upon communication to achieve organizational objectives. Since managers work with and through other people, all their acts, policies, rules, orders and procedures must pass through some kind of communication channel. Also there must be channel of communication for feedback. Accordingly, some of the purposes of communication are:
- To discourage the spread of misinformation, ambiguity and rumors, which can cause conflict and tension.
- To foster any attitude, that is necessary for motivation, cooperation and job satisfaction.
- To develop information and understanding among all workers. This is necessary for group effort.
- To prepare workers for a change in methods of environment by giving them necessary information in advance.
- To encourage subordinates to supply ideas and suggestions for improving the product or work environment and taking these suggestions seriously.
- To improve labor management relations by keeping the communications channels open and accessible.
- To improve social relations among workers by encouraging intercommunication. This would satisfy the basic human need for a sense of belonging and friendship.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019