Interview with Rowan Fernandes, TYBMS Sem 5 Topper 2013-14, Wilson College who scored 78% and GPA Score –6.83
How does it feel to be a Topper in the university exams? Whom will you credit your success to? What was your success mantra?
- It is an honour to be the topper of the oldest college in Mumbai.
- I owe my success mainly to my college professors, who guided me through the year, my family and also to all my friends and well wishers who motivated me to do my best and come out on top!
- Perseverance and keep calm
Did you prepare any timetable and please share your study strategy/exam tips to crack each subject of sem 5?
- No particular time table
- Practical subjects are important, so keep practising
Do you think BMS student require coaching classes or is self-study enough? Had you joined any coaching class for a particular subject?
- No, I did not join any class.
- Attend lectures regularly and pay attention
What was your specialization subject? Why did you opt for it?
- Special studies in finance.
- Numbers are better than words
Can you list the textbooks you referred for all subjects?
- Rishabh publication and vipul plus class notes were of great help
Which was your worst paper? Why? Which was your best paper? Why?
- None of my papers were bad
- FM was my best paper, as I know the subject well.
Today, we often come across students committing suicide out of failure, depression or tension of exams. What do you have to say about this? Did you use any special techniques for stress management?
- Suicide is not the solution. Don’t wait till the last minute to study. Be consistent.
- Yes, going out to play football and getting some exercise and playing FIFA.
The Black Book project contributing a significant part to the percentage, please share the experiences you had during the preparation of the project and how has it benefited you.
- The black book project can increase your percentage if you do it sincerely and honestly.
- It is important to pick a topic that you are interested in.
- It gives you an in-depth idea of how the management of a company really works.
Did you pursue any additional courses/ internships alongside BMS? What are your future plans?
- No, I did not pursue any additional course alongside BMS.
- Gain some work experience and then pursue an MBA in Finance
Any tips and advises for your juniors?
- Time is valuable. Don’t waste it!