Name – Nikhil P Tavase
College Name – Alkesh Dinesh Mody Institute
Course Name – BMS
Rank in TY Sem V : 1st
GPA / Percentage: 71.42%
1) Tell us about yourself?
Coming from science background I never thought that I would gel into this environment so quickly. The course is very much interesting as it prepares you to speak in public and to lead the lot and with the faculty we have I believe that chasing your dreams is very much possible. And to talk of my future plans… I want to go for Masters as it will serve as a base for fulfilling my dream.
2) How does it feel to be a Topper of the college in TY Sem V exams?
Honestly it hasn’t changed anything in me or in my circles. I did feel proud but that was just for the moment when I was told that I have topped in college.
3) Whom will you credit your success to?
I would like to credit my success to my Parents, teachers and to my friends, without whom it wouldn’t have been possible.
4) Did you start preparing from the first day of your TY Sem V?
No not at all. I usually start preparing 15 days before the exams. It is that one thing which I like to Keep postponing
5) How did you study for Sem V?
There are no tips from my side because I never thought that I would come first …. But the only advice that I would like to give is that … please don’t listen to anybody and keep mental blocks about any particular subject that would hamper your progress.
6) Which are the easy subjects in Sem V?
FM was a pretty easy subject for me and I would like to credit my success to my Tutor who tirelessly helped me achieve my goal.
7) Any special way of writing the answers? Do you write answers in bullet points or in paragraphs?
Writing answers in bullet points always helps since it makes the paper look good, presentable, and doesn’t give a monotonous feel of paragraphs. Also it helps in in sequencing your answers and help you remember the points easily.
8) How do you crack case studies in theory and practical subjects?
Case studies require practice. Sheer practice helps you to understand the case better
9) Did you draw any diagram in any paper? Is it mandatory? Does it help to get more marks?
Yes I did draw diagrams supporting my answers in the papers especially in Services paper. It is not mandatory to draw diagrams but it gives you an upper hand when compared to a person who hasn’t drawn a diagram for that specific question
10)Any specific study pattern adopted i.e. timetable / how many hours per subject per day etc.?
No nothing as such. I do not believe in timetables and stuff like that. And about time allocation for each subject I would say keep it according to your convenience , but make sure you allot more time to your weaker subjects
11) How do you fight against mood swings and distractions during exam preparation?
I usually do not have mood swings so it doesn’t affect me to a great extent.
12) If you are made the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University, what changes would you like to initiate in Indian education system?
If I were made the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University, I would abolish the exam pattern that exists and see to it that the pattern is Job Oriented or atleast it helps in setting up your own enterprise. This system is making students study to get marks and not actually learning anything from it. So I would like to change this pattern to a more student friendly pattern
13) Many students prepare sincerely but constantly live under fear that they are not from big college / not from English medium and eventually lose confidence. What message would you like to give these students?
As I said earlier these are mental blocks which people have to overcome in order to succeed.And one more advice that I would like to give is that In such times the ‘Yes I Can’ Attitude does help a lot
14) Through this struggle and success, what have you learned? What is the wisdom of life and competition?
Do whatever you want but make sure you give it your 100% and the results will fall in place
15) Your feedback for BMS.co.in?
You guys at BMS.co.in are doing a very good job for students like us by providing whatever material that is required and that too with such ease
Thank you and keep the good work going.