How To Cook The Perfect Ultimate Sticky Toffee Pudding
Dates are sweet, succulent gifts of Mother Earth and the Middle Eastern date palm.
STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING
165 grams Plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
180 grams dates, seeded and chopped
300 ml Boiling water
1 teaspoon Bicarbonate soda
50 grams softened butter
150 grams sugar
1 beaten egg
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Sticky toffee sauce:
100 grams butter
125 ml heavy cream
170 grams light brown sugar
250 ml heavy whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Chop the dates finely and place in a small bowl.
- Add boiling water and baking soda and set it aside until cold.
- When cold drain excess water and mash the dates with a fork.
- Butter a square baking tray and line with paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat it until blended.
- Gradually add flour mix.
- Add the date mixture to the batter and fold with a rubber spatula until blended.
- Pour into prepared tray and bake until firm on top, for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven to wire rack.
- Make the toffee sauce by combining all ingredients in a small heavy bottomed saucepan. Stirring consistently, heat the liquid until boiling. Boil gently until mixture thickens, for about six to seven minutes.
- Cut the cake into serving portions and serve with hot sticky toffee sauce poured over the top.
- Accompany with whipped cream or with an ice cream.
This is a very great recipe for delicious dessert you want to have at any time. 🙂