Some facts about Haldiram’s :
1. Haldiram’s was established in the year 1937. It started in the form of a small retail shop in Bikaner,Rajasthan.
2. Shri Shivkisan Agarwal, was the founder of the Haldiram’s. He had a dream of building a big empire of namkeen and sweets.
3. Haldiram’s first manufacturing factory is in Nagpur, Maharashtra. It manufactures sweets and namkeen on a large scale.
4. Haldiram’s is Food based Industry. It is a private limited company.
5. Haldiram’s manufacturing takes place on a large scale. It serves a lot of areas. For eg : India, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, United States, Canada, United Arab Emirates, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Thailand, etc
6. Haldiram’s has just taken a bite out of your revenue figures. The reports are to be believed, Haldiram’s revenue for 2013-2014 stands at Rs. 3,500 crore – more than the combined revenue of Domino’s (Rs. 1,733 crore) and McDonald’s (Rs 1,390 crore.)
7. Haldiram’s specialties includes:
a. Aloo Bhujia
b. Tasty Nuts
d. Gulab Jamun, etc
8. SWOT Analysis on Haldiram’s :
- Research & Development
- Latest technology
- Trust of the consumer
- Low Advertising Budget.
- Traditional Management Style.
- Manufacturing process not completely automatic.
- Growing Food Industry.
- Changes in the Consumers Taste and Preferences.
- Increase in the Purchasing Power of Families.
- Prospects for Exports.
- Availability of substitute goods.
- Health conscious or awareness.
- Increasing competition from Indian and MNC food companies.