I was just going through newspaper few days back, and since then it was stuck in my head to share this piece of knowledge with you all.
We all are aware about Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, initiated by Sri. Narendra Modi, so let us know that which state is implementing and working hard to achieve this mission.
- As per the figures compiled by Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation shows that Karnataka tops the list, which is Congress ruled state, strange eh,? ;). It has built 3.57 lakh toilets.
- West Bengal, ruled again by Congress stands second on the national list, building 3.12 lakh toilets.
- The only BJP ruled state to get into top three is only Madhya Pradesh, even Gujarat is way-behind with 3.04 lakh toilets. Other BJP states are lagging behind.
By August 15 next year, Karnataka hopes to make 10,000 villages open-defecation free.
Well, we too can contribute to this mission in our own ways like, not defecating in open, and stopping others from doing so. If we are educated in real sense, we need to educate others about it. Indeed this is what differentiates an educated person from the literate one !
If you agree with me share this article to your contacts and thus encouraging others to get into this mission. 🙂
Latest posts by Kajal Shah (see all)
- A small secret for happy life that you probably din’t knew - June 14, 2015
- 9 Incredible Things You Should Do Before You Turn 30 - May 28, 2015
- Do You Know The 3 States That Top In Implementing Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan? - January 19, 2015