Indian politician, social activist, former tennis player and retired police officer ‘Kiran Bedi’ is celebrating her 65th birthday on 9th June 2015.
Here are quick facts about Kiran Bedi:
1) Kiran Bedi is the first woman police officer.
2) Kiran Bedi became the national junior tennis champion when she was a teenager.
3) Kiran Bedi quit her police officer job in 2007 because she wanted to focus on social activism and writing.
4) She has hosted a court show Aap Ki Kachehri from 2008-11.
5) She joined BJP in January 2015.
6) She has authored many books which includes: Demand for Swaraj (1905-1930), It’s Always Possible: One Woman’s Transformation of Tihar Prison, Broom & Groom, Be the Change: Fighting Corruption.
7) Based on her life, many documentaries and TV programmes were made. For e.g. Kartavyam, a 1990 release Telugu film, Carve your Destiny, a 2014 film and so on.
8) Kiran Bedi’s first marriage ended because her husband wanted dowry and a domestic life for her. Her second marriage to Brij Bedi, a tennis player is successful and they have a daughter named Saina.
9) Kiran Bedi has won many awards like IIT Delhi Alumni Award, Pride of India, United Nations Medal, Mother Teresa Memorial National Award, Lion of the Year, Most Admired Woman in the Country and so on.
Here we present 10 Superb Photos Of Kiran Bedi That You Have Never Seen Before:
Images Courtesy: Facebook
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019