EXPORT IMPORT PROCEDURES AND DOCUMENTATION
Unit I : Preliminaries for Exports and Imports:
Meaning and Definition of Export – Classification – Strategy and Preparation for Export Marketing – Export Marketing Organizations – Registration Formalities – IEC – RCMC – Export Licensing – Selection of Export Product – Identification of Markets – Methods of Exporting – Pricing Quotations – Payment Terms – Letter of Credit.
Liberalization of Imports – Negative List for Imports – Categories of Importers – Special Schemes for Importers
Unit II : Export Import Documentation
Aligned Documentation System – Commercial Invoice – Shipping Bill – Certificate of Origin – Consular Invoice – Mate’s Receipt – Bill of Lading – GR Form – ISO 9000 – Procedure for obtaining ISO 9000 – BIS 14000 Certification – Types of Marine Insurance Policies.
Import Documents – Transport Documents – Bill to Entry – Certificate of Inspection – Certificate of Measurements – Freight Declaration.
Unit III : Export-Import Procedure
Steps in Export Procedure – Export Contract – Forward Cover – Export Finance – Institutional framework for Export Finance – Excise Clearance – Pre-shipment Inspection – Methods of Pre-shipment Inspection – Marine Insurance – Role of Clearing and Forwarding Agents – Shipping and Customs Formalities – Customs EDI System – Negotiation of Documents – Realisation of Exports Proceeds.
Pre-Import Procedure – Steps in Import Procedure – Legal Dimensions of Import Procedure – Customs Formalities for Imports – Warehousing of Imported goods – Exchange Control Provisions for Imports – Retirement of Export Documents.
Unit IV : Policy and Institutional Framework for Exports and Imports
Foreign Trade Policy – Highlights – Special Focus Initiatives – Duty Drawback – Deemed Exports – ASIDE – MAI & MDA – Star Export Houses – Town of Export Excellence – EPCG Scheme – Incentives for Exporters. Export Promotion Councils-Commodity Boards – FIEO – IIFT – EOUs – SEZs – ITPO – ECGC – EXIM Bank.
Recommended books :
- Handbook of Import-Export Procedures – Ministry of Commerce, -, Government of India, New Delhi
- Export: What, Where and How, Paras Ram, Anupam Publishers, Delhi
- Exports – Do it Yourself, Mahajan M.I., Snow White Publications, New Delhi
- Import – Do it Yourself, M. I. Mahajan, Snow White Publications, New Delhi
- Export Marketing, TAS Balagopal , Himalaya Publishing House
- Export Documentation and Procedures, , Nabhi Publications, New Delhi
- International Marketing Management, R.L. Varshney, Sultan Chand
- International Marketing, Terpstra, Holt Saunders
- International Business, Concept, Environment and Strategy, Sharan V., –
- Export Management, D.C. Kapoor, Vikas Publishing House
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019