Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
They say it takes a dedicated team of brilliant people to make that mission possible. If you want to work for a community where you will be challenged, where you can learn from your peers and mentors, and where you will be pushed to go outside your comfort zone, then BMS.co.in is the right place to intern with.
More than ever, BMS.co.in internships can play a key role in your career success during and after college. BMS.co.in Internships allow you to gain valuable hands-on professional experience in your field (s) of interest, giving ample opportunities to explore career options, apply academic knowledge, develop new skills, broaden networks, and prepare for the world-of-work.
To better prepare you to compete for and complete internships, BMS.co.in is pleased to now offer the ‘Assistant BMS Events Manager’ Internship Program. This internship will start immediately and last till May-June.
Here at BMS.co.in, we are driven by our mission to make management education easy and accessible to the BMS students all over 100 Mumbai colleges. From our start in 2010 till date, we’ve never lost our commitment to quality and our larger-than-life goals. One of the things we’re most proud of and thankful for is the awesome achievements of BMS.co.in in the 5-year long journey which can be read here – http://www.bms.co.in/about-us/
So what’s going to be your role as Assistant BMS Events Manager?
The Assistant BMS Events Manager’s main duty is to help the Events Manager and Events team in planning and organizing 2 major BMS events to be conducted in March 2015 and May 2015.
1) Assist the Events Manager in planning and organizing the events, promotions, booking locations, handling logistics, getting sponsors / advertisers, managing public relations, creating a buzz on social media and coming up with creative ideas for event performances.
2) Conduct research, assist events manager to find resources to help staff make decisions.
3) Propose new ideas to improve event planning and implementation process.
4) Be involved in the total event lifecycle from pre-event promotions to post-event analysis.
5) Assisting and completing any other tasks required by the CEO and other Managers.
Have any doubts? FAQs discussed below:
- Is this internship a great way to get work experience? —-> Yes
- Will the internship strengthen my graduate job applications? —-> Yes
- Is the internship paid? ——-> No, but it’s worth doing. The internship will add value to your resume. Having this kind of experience on your resume can only add to your credibility as a potential job candidate.
- How many hours do I have to work daily? —-> Atleast 2 hours? Are we asking too much? On the important days, maybe you will have to work for the whole day.
- Are my working hours flexible or fixed? —-> Well, it’s one of the Mumbai’s most promising event which you are going to manage that means you cannot have a fixed working schedule.
- Will the internship affect my studies? No, we will manage your schedule in a way that you will not have to work on the exams days and we assure you that it will not affect your studies.
- Will I get a certificate? – Yes, you will be given an internship certificate for your time and efforts in making the event successful.
- Will I get a recommendation letter? – Well, that depends completely on you. If you work really really hard and overachieve the work allotted to you, we don’t mind giving you a recommendation letter.
Interested in working for the above profile and for the super-amazing BMS community? Then, write to [email protected] / call at 7715000100.
Note: Apply for this internship ONLY if you believe that the work experience can teach you something useful, expose you to new ideas or understandings and benefit you in the long run.
POST UPDATED ON 22ND FEBRUARY 2015:
With Academic Excellence Awards 2015 approaching (yay!), we’re looking for a few more team members to help us make sure the event runs smoothly, and to be a part of creating a unforgettable experience for thousands of grateful people across Mumbai.
We are offering internships to those students who are willing to commit their time and energy to the event!
1) Assistant Head of Creative Campaigns – (5 Positions)
- Working closely with the marketing/branding team to design event collaterals, brochures, stationery, branding CDs, banners, social media posts etc.
- Ability to conceptualize and design from scratch
- Ability to come up with illustrations
- Should be able to work in strict deadlines during events and come up with event design including banners, flyers, posters, CDs branding, freebies, invites etc.
- Should be well versed with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe illustrator.
- Should be well versed with softwares to create a branding CD.
2) Event Photographer And Editor: (5 Positions)
- You need to exhibit great skill as a photographer (portfolio)
- Proficient with a variety of digital camera systems (preferably should own one)
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, creative environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Provide photographic coverage of the entire event.
- Provide photographic coverage of event’s key people : celebrity / PR / audience
- Provide photographic coverage to team members working for the event
- Provide Images and Full Usage Rights (after Photographer takes picture, BMS.co.in owns the rights to those images and BMS.co.in can make copies of these photos etc.)
3) Videographers And Video Editors (5 Positions)
- Serves as videographer and video editor for the event and projects featuring company brand. Work includes filming / shooting, editing post-production, presenting and posting / distribution online.
- Conceptualizes and develops multi-media content.
- Maintains production schedules and updates and maintains electronic file archives
- Coordinates a variety of production initiatives as determined by the Project Coordinator, including schedules, scripts and graphics packages and maintains an updated log of tasks.
- Portrays the company brand in an effective manner in the video film.
- Demonstrated editing and production skills, including on-screen graphics and sound editing.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with digital video cameras and lenses.
- Must be able to demonstrate creative thinking, presentation and execution.
- Working knowledge of graphics software programs for Mac and PC including Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- Familiarity with MS Word and PowerPoint required. Familiarity with HTML and Dreamweaver a plus.
- Knowledge of branding discipline and requirements.
- Creative problem-solver with ability to foster and develop others’ ideas as well as his/her own.
- Excellent attention to detail and extremely organized, with ability to handle multiple deadlines in highly fluid environment.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to build strong professional relationships and interact with all levels of management and outside vendors.
- Must be able to represent company in a professional manner among senior executives, partners and outside vendors
- Ability to travel extensively to multiple locations.
4) Emcee – 4 Positions
- Previewing the event for the audience
- Introducing key role players and speakers, and introductions are a complete art form unto themselves
- Telling the back-stories which serve as transition points of a program
- Introducing videos or presentations, perhaps providing commentary
- Understanding the technical aspects of the event, at least to some degree
- Presenting awards and recognitions
- Introducing distinguished guests, including those who may not be planned
- Building tension or managing suprise for climax moments or featured speakers
- Understanding the purpose of the event and keeping the focus on a common thread
- Setting a tone for the proceeding which matches the purpose – for instance, celebratory and fun, or respectful and formal, and,
- All the while adding humor, personality, and spontaneity to the event, making all this look easy
5) Performers (Singing / Dance / Standup comedy) – 5 Positions
Why work for Academic Excellence Awards 2015?
1) No textbook will teach you experience. Working for BMS.co.in will give you experience which will enable you to apply and complete what you have learned in the college.
2) Interning with BMS.co.in is a way of entering an industry, having an opportunity to prove your worth, get recommendations, make industry connections, get career advice from peers.
3) Internship Certificate from BMS.co.in is the first step to opening the door to an industry that can be very competitive, and in which your resume will compete with thousands of others (who are freshers with no experience).