Jiaolong is a Chinese man-made marvel and a submersible. It is in service since 2010. Its name is traditional Chinese name of a “flood Dragon”. Here are a few facts that you must know about this Deep Submergence Vehicle
1. It was put down in the south-western Indian Ocean on Wednesday.
2. It collected 17 items from which two of them were unknown to the Chinese scientists.
3. The media reports claim that the first unknown creature was very much alike a sea cucumber and later splited into three parts and the scientist are currently researching on this weird creature. They might consider it to be a special kind of Sea-Cucumber.
4. The second unknown creature was 330 centimeter(apprx.) long and around three centimeter thick, small pinkish snake and also due to pressure change there were two bubbles on its skin.
5. Along with these surprising creatures Jiaolong has been able to find 15 deep-sea shrimps and sulfide which measured 6.9 kgs.
6. The vessel has also along with living creatures found Hydro-thermal areas.
7. The gadget has also gained contracts for poly-metallic sulphide ore in the specific regions of Indian Ocean.
8. Jiaolong has reached the maximum depth of 7,062 m in the Marina Trench on June 2012.
The news piece video-
Latest posts by Shreya Karania (see all)
- The Journey Of A Successful BMS Content Writer Intern – Ms. Shreya Karania - March 30, 2015
- 7 Facts You Need To Definetly Know About Kayla Mueller - February 15, 2015
- Top 3 Latest News Pieces That Every Barcelona Fan Should Know About Its Favourite Team - February 15, 2015