Located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, the Madras High Court was established in the year 1862. It consists of 52 Judges and a Chief Justice. Here are few random facts that you need to know-
1. The Ministry is currently working on a bill to rename Madras High Court to represent the name of its current city – Chennai.
2. These demands have been there since the time the city was renamed that is way back in the 1990s.
3. Along with Madras Court, the bill would also contain an appeal to change Bombay High Court for the same purpose.
4. The court has also been in news because there has been a shocking fall of approximately 55%, i.e. uptil June 2014 there were 5.89 lakhs cases pending but on December the number dropped to 2.63 lakh cases.
5. On 13th of Jan restrained Tata Consultancy Services from taking back an employee who asked to end his job.
6. Sanjay Kishan Kaul is the Chief Justice.
Latest posts by Shreya Karania (see all)
- The Journey Of A Successful BMS Content Writer Intern – Ms. Shreya Karania - March 30, 2015
- 7 Facts You Need To Definetly Know About Kayla Mueller - February 15, 2015
- Top 3 Latest News Pieces That Every Barcelona Fan Should Know About Its Favourite Team - February 15, 2015