The BSE Sensex located in the Capital Central city of India – Mumbai is also called as BSE 30 and also the SENSEX. It is a free-float market-weighted stock market index of 30 well-established and stable in monetary terms.Here are a few facts that you must know about it:
1. It was published on 1st of January 1986.
2. Its Method
- It uses Free Float Capitalisation Method
- This method means it uses floats i.e. company’s outstanding shares that are available or usable for trading.
- The output of the method is for a particular base period.
4. The Free Float excludes Shares held by company promoters, governments, trusts etc.
Free Float Market Value/The total value of the company=Total Shares X Market Price
SENSEX VALUE =CURRENT FREE FLOAT MARKET VALUE OF CONSTITUENT STOCKS/INDEX DIVISOR
Here is a video to understand the basics of shares and also the working of Share Market.
6. The Index is said to be increased almost 10 times more than what it was during 1990.
- Sensex may rise to 32000 levels by March om Reform Push”-Economic Times
Here is a video to understand the SENSEX better
Latest posts by Shreya Karania (see all)
- The Journey Of A Successful BMS Content Writer Intern – Ms. Shreya Karania - March 30, 2015
- 7 Facts You Need To Definetly Know About Kayla Mueller - February 15, 2015
- Top 3 Latest News Pieces That Every Barcelona Fan Should Know About Its Favourite Team - February 15, 2015