The Legislative Assembly of Delhi is the Vidhaan Sabha. Here are a quick few facts-
1. The Legistative Assembly dissolves after every 5 years of gap.
2. It has seats for 70 members. Its members are known as MLA (Members of Legislative Assembly).
3. It was first constituted in the year 1952 on the seventh day of month March.
4. The last elections were held this year on 7th of February, and it witnessed a major and a drastic change as the maximum number of seats were taken away by a newly formed AAP.
5. The AAP leader Kejriwal is the Cheif Minister of Delhi and has managed to secure a sweeping number of 67 out of the 70 seats.
6. The opposition party was led by Kiran Bedi (BJP) who won 3 seats and Ajay Maken (INC) who won no seats.
AAP has managed to break all the shackles of the tyranny of Indian Politics and has set the winds of positivity and hopes of change. Hope that this party proves to be the RENAISSANCE-CREATORS in the Indian Politics and Development.
Latest posts by Shreya Karania (see all)
- The Journey Of A Successful BMS Content Writer Intern – Ms. Shreya Karania - March 30, 2015
- 7 Facts You Need To Definetly Know About Kayla Mueller - February 15, 2015
- Top 3 Latest News Pieces That Every Barcelona Fan Should Know About Its Favourite Team - February 15, 2015