Swathi Music Festival i.e. Swathi Sangeethotsavam is a week-long music festival from 6th to 12th January every year at the courtyard of Kuthira Malika, Trivandrum, Kerala celebrating the compositions of Maharaja Swathi Thirunal (who was the Maharaja of Travancore). The festival is conducted by Prince Rama Varma who is a South Indian Classical Musician, a performing vocalist, veena player and writer. It also includes a wide range of musicians from all over India. This year, the annual music festival which is completing 15 years will be held over 10 days.
Prince Rama Varma
5 Reasons Why Carnatic Music Lovers Strike A Chord With Swathi Music Festival
1) Every year the city’s music calendar begins with one of its kind music festival which is held in open-air venue ensuring that the diversity of musicians who perform touches your soul.
2) Carnatic music buff enjoy hearing chaste Carnatic compositions alongwith a Hindustani concert comprising Swati kirtis.
3) Rhythm, melody and lyrics creates a unique experience of the amazing instrumental concerts featuring virtuosos’ singers.
4) The festival gives an opportunity to listen to top grade artistes and learn from the superb combinations of vocalists and musicians who ensure that the performances’ musicality never flags.
5) The eclectic appreciative audience and the performances in so many languages gives a spiritual and musical connect to the infinity.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019