- Railways were first introduced to India in the year 1853 which ran from Bombay to Thane.
- The Indian Railway is one of the largest railway networks in the world comprising of 115,000 km of track over a route of 65,436 km and 7,172 stations.
- The Indian Railway covers twenty nine states and seven union territories, it even provides limited international service to Nepal, Bangladesh and
- The Indian Railway is the seventh largest utility employer with over 1.307 million employees. The Indian Railway runs 12,617 passenger trains and 7,421 freight trains daily.
- There were rumors about privatizing the Indian Railways but the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has assured that there will be no privatization of the Indian railway. Modi’s aim was to ensure the modernization and growth of Railways facilitated by private investments.
Latest posts by Rajvi Desai (see all)
- Celebrate Onam 2015 With Interesting HD Images, Wallpapers For Facebook - January 10, 2015
- Celebrate Durja Puja 2015 With Amazing SMS And HD Wallpapers - January 10, 2015
- Celebrate Mahavir Jayanti 2015 With Interesting SMS And Wallpapers For Facebook, WhatsApp - January 8, 2015