Shah Rukh Khan as Raj, Salman Khan as Prem, the Central line always being crowded, and getting fresh coconut water in the middle of Mumbai is one of ‘these things will always stay etched in our heart ‘moments . Bombay, rechristened Mumbai in 1995, has its own blend of spices and flavors, with loyal patrons, rickety chairs, fast food, wise old men sitting at the counter being the masala, cutlery, and preservatives which keep this city going .
- Kyani and Co: – Located at Marine Lines near Metro cinema, this place is known for its bun maska(bread and butter),with tea . The Iranian chai, with frankfurters, is a symbol of Parsi food in India. The ambience inside gives us a feeling of the 1970’s. Café Merwan, anyone ?.
- Gomantak: – In the bylanes of Fort, we find Gomantak, a haven for sea-food lovers. The surmai thali consists of one medium size piece of fried surmai, fish curry, solkadi, two chapatis, rice along with some onions and green chutney.
- Café Ideal: – Opposite Gomantak, lies Café Ideal, an Iranian Café. Here, Parsi food is available at inexpensive prices. The Bharuchi Akuri omelets and Mutton Dhansak, are two specialties here.
- Sukh Sagar: – Located near Girgaum Chowpatty, fast food such as pav bhaji, dosa, idli (chutney is literally poured like water). Started in 1962, it is going strong, and now has a restaurant, and a faluda center. During Ganpati immersions (Visarjan),this place is choc-a-bloc.
- Shri Krishna Lodging: – Located in Central Mumbai i.e. Matunga, this is a family tradition, serving South Indian food. You can either have a full meal or snacks, with waiters on their toes. Carrying plates of food allotted to them. You are served in leaves, and if you like the meal, it is customary to fold the leave.
– Shlomoh Samuel
Latest posts by BMS (see all)
- Can a SYBMS student change specialisation in TYBMS? - June 15, 2016
- Board Papers Not Leaked says Mumbai University. No Re-exam 🙂 - April 25, 2016
- How To Contribute And Write Articles on BMS.co.in ? - March 4, 2016