1. AirAsia is a Malaysian low cost airline head-quartered near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. AirAsia group operates scheduled domestic and international flights to 100 destinations spanning 22 countries.
2. For six consecutive years AirAsia won the World’s Best Low Cost Airline by Skytrax from 2009 until 2014. The 2012 World Airline Awards in England ranked AirAsia the world’s best low-cost airline.
3. On 28 December 2014 AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ8501 went missing during its flight from Surabaya, Indonesia, to Singapore. The plane departed from Surabaya on 5.20 am (UTC+7) carrying 155 passenger and 7 crew. It was lost after 6.16 am from radar around Belitung Island.
4. Bad weather was reported in the area. Indonesia’s transport ministry said the pilot had asked permission to climb to 38,000ft (11,000m) but the request could not be approved at that time due to traffic, there was a flight above and five minutes later flight disappeared from radar.
5. AirAsia said there are 155 passengers on board—138 adults, 16, children and one infant. Also on board are two pilots and five crew members.officials say that AirAsia flight QZ8501 is suspected to be at the bottom of the sea.
Latest posts by Soumya Nadar (see all)
- 5 Awesome Facts That You Ought To Know About The ‘Delhi Elections’ - February 7, 2015
- 5 Interesting Facts That You Ought To Know About The Indian Playback Singer ‘Shreya Ghoshal’ - February 7, 2015
- 5 Facts That You Ought to Know About ‘Praveen Togadia’ - February 7, 2015